WE LOOK FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU ALL BACK
Welcome back to the Y
We missed you! It’s been hard to be away from the people we care about but thank you for persevering and doing your part to stay safe. We’ve been carefully planning to reopen our facilities and reactivate key programs in the safest manner possible so you can access the services and support you miss and need the most. The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
Your safety is our number one priority
We’re following guidance from health experts and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community. We’re doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe social distancing practices.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING
1. Adult members will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Waiver upon entering your first time back at the Y. Youth members age 14-17 without a parent must bring a signed COVID-19 Waiver before entering the facility. Click here to download waiver.
2. Youth under age 14 must be accompanied by a parent at all times.
3. Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA members only allowed. No guest pass, day pass or nationwide membership available.
4. Courtesy towel service will not be provided.
Areas Open in Phase 1:
Areas Closed in Phase 1:
PHASE 1 REOPENING GUIDELINES
- Building Hours will be: Mon-Thu 5am-8pm, Fri 5am-7pm, Sat-Sun 7am-7pm.
- Youth under age 14 must be accompanied by a parent at all times.
- Adult members will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Waiver upon entering your first time back at the Y. Youth members age 14-17 without a parent must bring a signed COVID-19 Waiver before entering the facility. Click here to download waiver.
- Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA members only allowed. No guest pass, day pass or nationwide membership available.
- Members should bring their Y key tag and self-scan at the Welcome Desk.
- Building areas will have a capacity limit and clearly marked areas that will be accessible to members.
- Access to wellness and exercise equipment will be limited to every-other machine to maximize physical distancing.
- Internal doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Staff will conduct regular cleaning & disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment throughout the day.
- We have added hand sanitizing stations and are requiring all members to clean ALL equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Increased signage throughout the building to indicate directional flow, encourage social distancing, handwashing and promote cleaning efforts.
- Members are encouraged to wear cloth masks when it is not possible to social distance while inside the facility.
- Coffee service will not be provided.
- Courtesy towel service will not be provided.
- CrossFit 641 – Maximum 10 participants
- Powerlifting Room – Maximum 5 people
- Free Weight Area – Maximum 10 people
- Free Motion Room – Maximum 4 people
- Pickleball – Maximum 4 per court – 4 courts maximum
- Racquetball Courts – Maximum 2 per court
- Fitness On Demand 1st Floor – Maximum 5 people
- Elevator – Maximum 1 person (unless in same household)
- Cardio and Selectorized Weight Machines – limited to every-other machine
Please review all of the information provided here, as well as the other resources provided in this document. If you still have other questions not answered in our communications, contact Nicki Reynolds, Member Services Director at email@example.com.