YWCA Week Without Violence, held each October is part of a global movement to end violence against women and girls with YWCAs across the country and around the world.
Click this link for more information: http://ywcaweekwithoutviolence.org/
Join the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA and wear purple on Wednesday, October 17th to bring awareness to domestic violence.
Additional activities planned:
- Wellness staff are leading a session about Physical Health & Stress Management at the Compassion Fatigue Workshop on October 17th.
- Aquatics will do an activity about combatting violence with swim participants and will send home a handout for families.
- Fit Kids will be writing on paper hands the good things hands can be for instead of hurting others.
- Preschool will be reading the books Hands Are Not for Hitting and When Sophie Gets Angry. The classes will then be discussing positive ways to use hands and to express emotions.
- Child Abuse Prevention Services will have a display in the Y Lobby.
Facts about domestic violence: