Annual Maintenance Shutdown
The Horne-Henry Center closes for a brief period every year during August so that the facility and equipment can be deep-cleaned and maintenance performed that cannot be accomplished during regular hours.
2021 Dates: The Y Horne-Henry Center will be closed Friday, August 6th - Sunday, August 8th for annual cleaning and maintenance.
The Rec Pool will be closed at NOON on August 5th and remain closed through August 15th. The Hot Tub will be open during this time for ages 18 and up.
- Aqua Aerobics will meet in the Lap Pool on Thurs, August 5th at 6 p.m.
- Rock Steady Boxing & EnhanceFitness Participants: Meet for a short exercise session with coffee & conversation on Fri, August 6th at 9 a.m. at the 6th Street Softball Complex at the concessions shelter area. Please bring your own water.
- Buti Yoga Participants: Meet outside the Y on the grassy area next to the Y Gym for class on Sat, August 7th at 9 a.m. Participants will need to bring their own mat or towel to use as a mat.
- Senior Aqua at 8:30 a.m. and Rusty Hinges at 10:45 a.m. will meet in the Lap Pool during the week of August 9-13. The water temperature will be 83 degrees.
· Visit the Virtual Y for on-demand classes with your favorite instructors. Members of the Marshalltown Y can access classes on their laptop, desktop or mobile device - for no additional charge. More information at www.ymca-ywca.org.
Please note: Cultural Center hours not affected by shutdown.