WELCOME BACK TO THE Y
We missed you! It was hard to be away from the people we care about but thank you for persevering and doing your part to stay safe. The way we’ll interact with each other will be different, but at the Y, you’ll always be able to connect with people, improve your health and wellness, nurture your children’s potential and help strengthen our community.
Participants in classes must maintain a distance of 6 feet from one another.
Please note the following guidelines will remain in place until further notice:
- Y members and visitors are required to wear masks upon entry to the facility and at all times in common areas of the building.
- Masks must be worn in locker rooms, and only may be removed when showering.
- Participants must wear masks in the gymnasium when not actively shooting baskets.
- Masks must be worn when using the indoor track.
- Masks must be worn at all times when moving around the workout areas. They may be taken off only during stationary high-intensity exercise and in Group Exercise Classes or Racquetball Courts, when participants are able to socially distance by at least 6 feet.
Your safety is our number one priority
We’re following guidance from health experts and local officials to determine the safest way to serve everyone in our community. We’re doing everything possible to ensure our facilities meet the highest standards for hygiene and safety, and we have modified our policies and programs to facilitate safe social distancing practices. We're in this together! As a valued Y member, we encourage you to contact a Y staff member if you have any concerns or questions about the following.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING - PHASE 3
Adult members will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Waiver upon entering your first time back at the Y. Youth members under age 18 without a parent must bring a signed COVID-19 Waiver before entering the facility. Click here to download waiver. Haga clic aquí para descargar la exención en español.
Children must be 8 or older may use the Y without adult supervision, unless noted otherwise. Children 7 and younger must either be under the direct supervision of a parent or a responsible person age 14 years or older. *COVID-19 Waiver is required for entry.
Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA members, guest pass, nationwide membership, day pass and punch cards are allowed.
Courtesy towel service will not be provided.
Areas Open in Phase 3:
- Click here for facility hours.
- Adult members will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Waiver upon entering your first time back at the Y. Youth members under age 18 without a parent must bring a signed COVID-19 Waiver before entering the facility. Click here to download waiver.
- Children age 8 or older may use the Y without adult supervision, unless noted otherwise. Children 7 and younger must be under the direct supervision of a parent or a responsible person age 14 years or older. *COVID-19 Waiver is required for entry.
- Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA members, Nationwide YMCA members, Guest Pass, Day Pass and Punch Card all allowed.
- Members should bring their Y key tag and self-scan at the Welcome Desk.
- Members will be required to maintain 6 feet of social distancing while inside the Y.
- Building areas will have a capacity limit and clearly marked areas that will be accessible to members.
- Access to wellness and exercise equipment will be limited to every-other machine to maximize physical distancing.
- Internal doors will be left open to prevent unnecessary touching and increase ventilation.
- Staff will conduct regular cleaning & disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment throughout the day.
- We have added hand sanitizing stations and are requiring all members to clean ALL equipment BEFORE and AFTER use.
- Increased signage throughout the building to indicate directional flow, encourage social distancing, handwashing and promote cleaning efforts.
- Members are encouraged to wear cloth masks when it is not possible to social distance while inside the facility.
- In some program areas, staff are required to wear cloth masks at all times. In other areas, staff are encouraged to wear masks when it is not possible to social distance within the facility.
- Courtesy towel service will not be provided.
- Program-specific guidelines will be outlined on program flyers & schedules.
- Masks are required upon entering and moving around to different areas of the Y facility.
- Those playing pickleball will not be required to wear a mask, IF they maintain 6-feet distance from other players.
- If you are sitting and waiting to play, and cannot maintain 6-feet distancing, you will need to wear a mask. If in doubt, put a mask on.
- You will need to wear your mask if you are moving around with others, setting up nets, getting equipment, etc.
- Equipment will need to be sprayed and wiped down, before being put away.
- Please spray & clean pickleballs between each game.
Please review all of the information provided here, as well as the other resources provided in this document. If you still have other questions not answered in our communications, contact Nicki Reynolds, Member Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU for supporting our efforts as we work to combat this pandemic together. The Y is so much more than just a fitness facility, pool or place to workout. We are a community, and we will do everything we can to move past this historical event to better serve you and your family.