Aquatics - Water Discovery/Water Exploration - Stage A/B
Swim Starters Aquatic Program
Accompanied by a parent*, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence-building experiences, while parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision.
A / Water Discovery Introduces infants and toddlers to the aquatic environment.
B / Water Exploration Focuses on exploring body positions, blowing bubbles, and fundamental safety and aquatic skills.
* We define parent broadly to include all adults with primary responsibility for raising children, including biological parents, adoptive parents, guardians, stepparents, grandparents, or any other types of parenting relationship.
- Register in person at the Y or go online to www.ymcaywca.org for class descriptions and registration.
- Please contact Shelley Lechnir, Aquatic Director for
questions regarding placement in a level: [email protected] or 641-752-8658
- Stages are for both Preschool and School-age children. They are combined.
- All swimmers progress at an individual pace. Some may need to repeat a stage.
- If a class is full, please ask to be added to the waitlist. Classes will be added if possible. (Not a guarantee)
Y swim instructors are nationally certified. Their training includes CPR, AED, and First Aid. Swim lessons provide important life skills that could save a life and will benefit students for a lifetime.
SWIM LESSON CANCELLATION POLICY
The Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA reserves the right to combine class levels or cancel classes for insufficient enrollment.
Fall 3 & 4 2023 (Tues 8wk)